Mission: To provide leadership through a partnership of organizations to advance college mental health
Purpose: HEMHA affirms that the issue of college mental health is central to student success, and therefore is the responsibility of higher education. Accordingly, HEMHA will provide leadership to:
• Think about college mental health issues at a strategic level
• Identify and share mental health resources
• Promote full community engagement in the mental health continuum of care
• Define the role of advocacy in mental health
• Support and disseminate evidence-based practice
Through focus on advocacy actions, policy development and review, practice dissemination, and the promotion of research across the mental health continuum – HEMHA is committed to advancing mental health throughout the realm of higher education and improving student recruitment, retention and learning outcomes.